If you wish to work with us on this project, the following terms and conditions shall apply. Please read them before submitting your essay, as in doing so you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
You agree that:
- you are the author of the essay submitted, and have not copied or plagiarised the work of another third party;
- you have no conflict of interest with Nesta (including Nesta’s Trustees, officers or employees) or its partners, Fundación Compromiso and Upstart Co-Lab. If at any time during the process you discover you do have any conflict of interest, please inform Nesta promptly;
- you have legal capacity to make your submission and are acting lawfully, ethically and in good faith in your dealings with Nesta and its partners;
- all information contained in your submission is true, accurate and not misleading; and
- Nesta may share your submission with any third party as Nesta deems necessary for the purpose of assessing your entry.
Nesta shall be entitled to reject your submission if:
- you fail to comply with the requirements of this letter and any of the terms and conditions, if your submission is incomplete, or if any information in your submission is found to be inaccurate or untrue;
- your submission is received after the deadline set;
Nesta may in its absolute discretion:
- refuse any submission received;
- extend the time or date for fixed submission (in such circumstances Nesta will notify you);
- amend or cease this process at any time;
- ask you to clarify your submission or provide additional information. A failure to respond may result in your submission not being selected.
- bear your own costs of submitting your submission;
- ensure that you treat the contents of any Nesta documentation and information shared with you confidentially.
- All intellectual property rights in any materials provided to you by Nesta or any third party acting on its behalf shall remain the property of Nesta.
- Any intellectual property in the essay and submission shall belong to you. You grant to Nesta a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use the essay and submitted assets (e.g. images or videos) for the purposes of publishing, modifying and disseminating its contents.
- Nesta reserves the right not to publish commissioned blogs and essays, and makes no guarantee that any essay submitted or extracts therefrom will be published.
- If Nesta publishes your submission, Nesta accepts no liability to you whatsoever and however arising.
- Any failure by Nesta fails to enforce these terms and conditions shall not be construed nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of its right to do so in the future.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.